If you think you’ve found asbestos in your home, you might be worried about the asbestos removal process. With modern asbestos removal processes, you don’t need to be out of your home for too long.
Steps to Asbestos Removal
- Materials to be removed will be wet down before and during the process. It is the fibres of asbestos that are most dangerous, and wetting helps keep the fibres together.
- Any bolts and fixings will be removed and placed is a specific asbestos materials bag.
- If the asbestos is in your roof, gutters, drain pipes and ridge capping will be removed.
- Large pieces of materials that contain asbestos will be carefully lowered to the ground (if on your roof) or placed in a specific asbestos materials bag.
- Any large pieces that cannot be placed in a bag will be double wrapped in plastic sheeting and taped to ensure all seals are secured.
- All waste will be appropriately labelled, and carefully transferred to an asbestos waste area.
- Once the asbestos material has been removed, the area is then cleaned and checked to ensure there is no asbestos dust laying around.
How Long do I Need to Stay Out of the House?
How long is a piece of string? The answer to this is best discussed with the company doing your asbestos removal, as the time it takes will depend on how much asbestos materials there are, and where in the house they are. At the very least, it is best to keep everyone out of the house until any asbestos has been removed, and air quality checks have been done.
If you believe you have asbestos in your home or need asbestos removal, call Icon Asbestos Removal today. We’re experienced in removing asbestos from homes from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, as well as as far as Rockhampton.
When you need a professional asbestos removal team, contact Icon Asbestos.