At Icon Asbestos Removal, we have accumulated years of experience providing high quality roof replacement services. We have seen the many advantages offered by a metal roof installation for both residential and commercial properties. For a free metal roofing installation quote, please contact us today.
There are many benefits of metal roofing.
More and more homeowners as well as business owners are realising the benefits of metal roofing installations for both residential and commercial properties.
- Superior longevity
When you are paying for a roof installation, you want to ensure that your new roof will last. This is where metal roofing comes into its own. Metal roofing has an incredibly long life expectancy, especially when it is compared to other materials that are commonly used for roofing. In fact, metal roofing lasts twice as long in comparison to common alternatives such as single ply or asphalt shingles. Although metal roofing might seem more costly to install, this initial outlay is easily offset by the longevity of the product.
- Fire safety
Fire safety is of paramount concern in the Australian climate. Metal roofing has impressive fire-retardant properties. In other words, metal roofs are fire resistance and won’t catch alight in the event of a fire. This is an important safety concern. Ideally, metal roofing should not be installed over combustible materials, as this will lower the fire resistant qualities of the roof.
- Energy efficient
A building’s roof has a significant impact on the extent to which heat is lost or built up in the interior. Many conventional roof materials are not efficient – losing heat in winter and leaving the building cold, or letting heat accumulate in the hot summer months and creating a hot and stuffy interior. Of course, this can be offset by heating and air conditioning, but that is an added expense. Metal roofing, on the other hand, is far more energy efficient. Metal roofs reflect radiant heat from the sun, thereby reducing the building’s heat gain. It is easy to add insulating materials to metal roofing to retain more heat during winter. Metal roofing is not only more energy efficient, but it will decrease your heating and air conditioning bills too.
Metal roofing is far more lightweight than most people realise. It is much lighter when compared to other roofing materials, such as roof tiles. This means that there is a lot less pressure exerted on the load bearing structures in the roof and building. In addition, a lightweight material allows for a quick and easy roof installation.
- Environmentally friendly
In terms of roofing materials, metal roofing is one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly options you could choose. A lot of metal roofing products contain a high percentage of recycled materials. If you opt for a metal roof, you can rest assured knowing it need not land up in a landfill. All metal roofing, once it has reached the end of its lifespan, can be recycled.
- Low maintenance
Metal roof maintenance is both cheap and easy. Unlike other roofing materials, metal roofs will not split, crack, mould, or corrode. Opting for a professional roof installation means that rain and snow will efficiently run off the roof. The result is a long-lasting roof that will require minimal maintenance to keep looking great and functioning well.
- Increased property value
A well-installed and insulated metal roof will increase your building’s energy efficiency ratings. Because energy efficient properties are in demand, a better energy efficiency rating will increase the value of your property. This equates to both higher rental and resale values.
Boost the appearance and value of your property with quality metal roofing.
When it comes to the highest quality roofing material, we highly recommend Colorbond steel. Of all the available roofing solutions, our experience has shown that Colorbond steel roofing is by far the superior option.
A slick new roof does wonders for the visual appeal of a home or business which, in turn, can only improve the value of your property. Often overlooked, the roof is an important component of your property’s curb appeal and can have a great impact on the building’s perceived value.
Colorbond metal roofing is available in 22 different colours. With such a wide range from which to choose, you can be assured of finding one to complement your home or business perfectly. Our team is always happy to help you select the colour that best suits the architecture and style of your property. Colorbond also enables you to mix and match your roof colour with your fascia, gutters, and downpipes.
Colorbond metal roofing comes with an incredible 25-year guarantee.
This alone indicates the level of confidence in the quality of Colorbond products. At Icon, we partner with Colorbond so that our clients can benefit from strong, secure, and energy smart steel roofing solutions.
How is this attained? The technology used in the production of Colorbond steel roofing ensures a durable product that can withstand the extremes of the Australian climate. In fact, Colorbond has been used in Australia for many years, and has proven its longevity in the face of a wide variety of Australian weather conditions. As such, Colorbond is the perfect metal roofing choice for both residential and commercial properties. If you would like a free quote for your home or business, please contact our customer service team today!
For reliable metal roofing services, enlist licensed and insured roofing contractors.
At Icon Asbestos Removal, we pride ourselves on offering top quality service to all our customers. If you contact us for a free quote, our friendly customer service team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Whether you need a roof for a new construction, reroofing, or roof repairs and gutters replaced, contact us today for a free no-obligation quote.
- Metal Reroofing
Trust your local roofing experts for both residential and commercial metal reroofing services.
As a well-established and reputable roofing company, we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of quality roofing services. In addition to safe and effective asbestos removal, we also offer roof repairs and roof replacement services. For a free quote, contact our customer service department who will get back to you within 24 hours.
Metal reroofing is the silver lining you were looking for!
Understandably, homeowners always experience some form of despair or frustration when they find out that their home contains asbestos. There is no way around it: asbestos removal is necessary for the health and safety of you and your family. However, it does mean that you are able to give your home a ‘face lift’. You can choose between different roofing materials and colours.
At Icon Asbestos Removal, we always recommend metal roofing.
There are many advantages to investing in metal roofing:
- Metal roofing has an incredibly long life expectancy, especially when it is compared to other materials that are commonly used for roofing.
- Metal roofs are fire resistance and won’t catch alight in the event of a fire.
- Metal roofing is not only more energy efficient, but it will decrease your heating and air conditioning bills too.
- Metal roofing is a lightweight material. It exerts less pressure on the load bearing structures in the roof and building and it allows for a quick and easy roof installation.
- In terms of roofing materials, metal roofing is one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly options you could choose.
- Metal roof maintenance is both cheap and easy. Unlike other roofing materials, metal roofs will not split, crack, mould, or corrode.
- A well-installed and insulated metal roof will increase your building’s energy efficiency ratings, which will increase both its rental and resale value.
When it comes to high quality roofing, we highly recommend Colorbond steel roofing.
A Colorbond roof comes with an incredible 25 year warranty. Colorbond steel is a high quality product that is built to last: it is strong, secure, and energy efficient. In addition, Colorbond products are available in 22 different colours. This means that you will be able to choose a shade that perfectly complements the architecture and aesthetic style of your home.
If you need to have your gutters replaced, you are in luck. Colorbond allows you to mix and match colours with your roof guttering, fascia, and downpipes. The end result is a fresh look for your home that will instantly increase your property’s curb appeal.
Metal reroofing is a quality solution that will stand the test of time!
When you need to reroof your home, either because of asbestos or other reasons, you will need to compare the different roofing materials that are available to you. Although metal reroofing might cost more in terms of the upfront payment, it ends up being a cost-effective investment.
Metal roofs last about twice as long in comparison to other roofing materials, and require far less maintenance during their life-span. This is a significant saving. In addition, a metal roof that is professionally installed and insulated will improve your home’s energy efficiency rating. This will simultaneously lower your heating and air-conditioning bills and increase your property value.
For quality metal reroofing services, contact the Icon team for a free quote!
- Architectural Cladding
Architectural cladding refers to any material that is applied to the exterior walls of a building. Exterior cladding is used to provide a building with added protection from the elements, and to provide interesting textures, colours and/or finishes to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the building. Cladding is increasingly being incorporated with all kinds of architectural styles and designs for a stylish finish.
There is a wide range of architectural cladding systems from which to choose.
More and more architects, builders, and homeowners are realising the benefits of using high quality architectural cladding. The most common options for cladding include: metal, stone, wood, concrete, and even synthetic materials. As such, there is a wide range of textures, finishes, and colours from which to choose. This means that you are able to choose the architectural cladding that best complements and enhances the architectural style of your home.
At Icon, we highly recommend metal walling cladding for all Australian homes.
As all Australians are well aware, our climate is one that is prone to extremes. This is one of the main reasons why we recommend steel cladding for Australian buildings. As metal cladding suppliers and installers, we have seen first-hand the difference that metal cladding panels make and the benefits that they provide.
Steel wall cladding has a range of benefits for your home:
- It is long-lasting and incredibly durable, even in the Australian climate. This offsets the initial outlay for the steel cladding panels.
- Steel is a lightweight material in comparison to many other types of architectural cladding. This means it is quick and easy to install, and it exerts minimal pressure on the building’s load-bearing structures.
- Maintenance is minimal and incredibly cost-effective.
- Steel cladding is weather tight and secure, when installed by a professional and experienced team.
- Steel is fire retardant so it won’t catch alight in the event of a fire.
- Steel is a malleable material, meaning it can be used to create a wide variety of shapes and profiles.
- Because it is so versatile in terms of form, colour and finish, steel cladding can be used in conjunction with almost any architectural style or design preferences.
We only use high quality steel cladding made by Colorbond.
In addition to the benefits listed above, Colorbond provides additional advantages for you, the homeowner:
- Colorbond steel has been developed to withstand the harsh extremes of the Australian climate. The emphasis has always been on developing and producing a range of steel products that are incredibly durable, thereby providing homeowners with long-lasting solutions. In fact, Colorbond steel comes with 5 layers of protection! In addition to a pre-treatment, primer, and baked-on topcoat, Colorbond steel is coated in our corrosion-resistant Activate technology – an industry leading development that enhances the quality of our steel products.
- The durability of Colorbond steel means that, unlike other products, it is resistant to paint chipping, flaking, and blistering.
- Colorbond steel architectural cladding is available in 22 different colours, including 6 that have a premium matt finish. Colorbond enables you to mix and match colours for your metal roof, down pipes, fascia boards, roof gutters, as well as metal wall cladding for a cohesive look.
- Colorbond is a sustainable choice. Colorbond’s Thermatech solar reflectance technology ensures Colorbond steel reflects more of the sun’s radiant heat in comparison to other materials. This reduces the build up of heat in your home on very hot and sunny days. This not only improves the comfort of your home for you and your family, but it also lessens your need for air-conditioning, thus reducing your electricity bill and the drain on natural resources. Thermatech technology is available in all classic and matt colours, with the exception of Night Sky.
- There are additional eco-friendly advantages when choosing to use Colorbond metal cladding. All Colorbond steel products already include some recycled materials. The longevity of these products means that it will take a long time before they need to be replaced. This further reduces the impact on the environment, as does the fact that all the steel is 100% recyclable. When your Colorbond steel cladding has reached the end of its long life-span, it can be recycled rather than ending up in a landfill.
- A home with a good energy efficiency rating will be in more demand in the Australian property market. This, in combination with the stylish use of metal cladding, will increase the rental and resale value of your home. It’s yet another reason why Colorbond is a great investment for your property!
Contact Icon for a FREE obligation-free quote!
At Icon Asbestos Removal, we offer a wide range of services. These services include asbestos removal, metal roofing, metal reroofing, and metal cladding installations. Our expert team has vast experience in using Colorbond products to enhance the aesthetic appearance and resale value of Australian properties.
Contact our friendly team to arrange a FREE quote at your convenience. We will also be happy to answer any questions you might have about steel architectural cladding.
- Metal Wall Cladding
Steel metal cladding is an incredibly versatile and durable product that can be used to suit all kinds of homes. Metal wall cladding can be applied to both external and interior walls, depending on your needs and preferences.
The benefits of architectural cladding are being enjoyed by more and more Australian architects, builders, and homeowners.
Exterior metal wall cladding provides your home with additional protection from the elements. Steel cladding, when installed by a professional and experienced team, is both weather proof and fire retardant. This is an incredibly important consideration in Australia, where our climate can include extreme weather conditions. Steel cladding will not be set alight in the event of a fire, neither will it let rain or snow enter the building.
Metal panels will enhance the architectural style of your home.
Steel cladding adds a striking and beautiful element to the aesthetic appeal of any building. It is available in a wide range of colours and finishes, including a matt finish. Steel is a versatile material, and can be formed into different shapes and a wide range of profiles according to your design preferences. Metal cladding can be successfully integrated with a wide range of architectural styles and materials.
Both the installation and maintenance of metal wall cladding is cost-effective.
In comparison to many other types of architectural cladding, steel cladding is lightweight. This means that it is quick and easy to install, which costs you less in terms of time, effort, and labour. In addition, minimal maintenance is required over its long life-span, further reducing your costs. It is important to keep in mind that wall cladding has a much longer life-span than many other cladding choices.
Steel wall cladding is a sustainable choice.
Opting for steel is an eco-friendly option. Many steel cladding products already contain recycled materials. In addition, the cladding lasts a long time, further reducing use of resources. At the end of its lifespan, all steel is 100% recyclable, so none of your steel cladding need end up in a landfill.
At Icon, we use Colorbond steel cladding, made in Australia by BlueScope steel.
Having worked extensively with Colorbond’s metal roof and wall products over many years, we can attest to the superior quality of Colorbond steel. In fact, our experienced team only uses Colorbond steel for all metal roofing, metal reroofing, and metal wall cladding projects. When it comes to metal wall cladding, there is no better option for Australian homes.
Metal wall cladding by Colorbond will last much longer in comparison to other cladding options.
This alone makes it the best possible investment when it comes to architectural cladding. In addition, Colorbond steel is available in 22 different colours, including several matt finishes. Colorbond allows you to mix and match colours with your roof, wall cladding, fascia boards, downpipes, and roof gutters. This variety means that you can choose the best colour – or combination of colours – to enhance the architectural style of your home.
Choose the product with advanced technology for enhanced sustainability.
If you are concerned about sustainability, Colorbond has developed Thermatech solar reflectance technology. This means that Colorbond steel reflects more of the sun’s radiant light. This in turn, reduces you need for air conditioning, lowering your bill and decreasing your use of resources.
A striking aesthetic and an impressive energy efficiency rating will boost the value of your home!
When you take all the benefits of metal wall cladding into account, it is clear that your property value will increase. Homes that have a good energy efficiency rating are increasingly in demand. Add stylish aesthetics to this, and the rental and resale value of your home will increase substantially.
Contact Icon today for a FREE no-obligation quote!